Thursday, November 8, 2012

Yarn Stash


Like most yarn project lovers ( I hope), I had yarn EVERYWHERE.
Most of it was in the trunk in our living room, but it was in my car, in the 3rd bedroom closet, in my bedroom, and in the basement. YES, everywhere. 

I needed a solution


My inspiration from pinterest

I took this bookshelf, emptied it and flipped it on its side

I found these cute storage boxes at walmart 2 for $5.99 (i think)




Went through my stash


the pile of knots (I know its not pretty)


separated  by color


I bought this pain for my scissors and needles from Target for $2.50


The boxes are gray and have a cool white pattern



This basket holds all of my in progress projects


how do you organize your yarn?

signature

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! I need a solution for my yarn because it's in a chest in my "craft room" and I can only see the yarn on top. I end up buying colors I already have because I didn't know I had them. Thanks for the inspiration. I might be organizing my yarn this weekend! I'm your newest follower :)

    Shannon @ Sewing Barefoot

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love.