Monday, July 16, 2012

Cover up that baby

This is an older project that I never documented, but had to share.
(Pics from the weekend coming soon)

A co-worker/ friend approached me about making a car seat cover 


I started doing my reasearch and decided I wanted something soft, slightly heavy duty (to be a somewhat of a noise barrier), warm (to be used as a blanket if needed) and I wanted straps to attach to the car seat, I used velcro


I wanted the cover to flip up or down to peek on baby


I used flannel on one side and soft fleece on the other. All fabrics were bought at Jo-Anns with a coupon.
This is a simple project. Follow a simple blaket pattern
(I didn;t use any batting in the middle)
and all strap in the middle of your blanket.
YES!! it is that simple.

What do you think? Would you use one?

signature










This post will be linking up, click here for all the site details

3 comments:

  1. Cute cover - with lovely bright fabric too!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I've really wanted to make one for my new comer this November. I'm glad it isn't hard so, I'll be making a trip to Jo-Ann's soon :)

    I'm a new follower from spicy link up!
    http://pampereddaughterthriftywife.blogspot.com/

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soo adorable.. wish I had one when my lovies were babies.. I always ended up throwing the blanket over them and then readjusting a thousand times as it slipped or shifted! Great idea!
    Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party!
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love.