Monday, October 10, 2011

"Paper" Queen

This past weekend we traveled to Quincy, Illinois which is about a 4 hours drive from here to see one of my friends play in a roller derby bout. Well, it goes without saying, P and I dressed up.

There were two contests; best zombie and best overall. I won the best overall and peter won the best zombie. We are just the best husband and wife costume couple ever right? It was a pretty awsome win for us.


Anyways, back to me. I made the whole outfit for $1. I bought a dress from Karens closet for $1. The skirt of the dress is sewed on. The top is stapled on and the bottom of the top portion is held on by a real belt under that paper belt which is stapled on me. The wig was an inspiration by the lovely Martha S. herself which can be seen here. I also took a burger king crown and decorated with newspaper and added flowers that were just stamped with an ink pad and folded. So, what do you think?

Anything fun for halloween planned?

I am planning on being princess peach from Mario bros. but haven't figured out all the details yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love.